Maina & Partners has embraced the highest levels of integrity, trust and professional conduct as is required of any firm of Advocates. Indeed, first time clients are invited, as a matter of course, to obtain reference from The Law Society of Kenya on the firm and its partners. Documents which form part of requirements of various regulatory authorities and others being proof of sound management policies and performance are available for scrutiny on request.
“Service First” Statement
Clients expect and have the right to receive full value for fees charged. We strive to provide value to both our corporate and individual clients. “Service First” defines the standards of client service at Maina & Partners.
Our lawyers and staff hold themselves accountable to deliver the following standards of service to each of our clients:
- We provide the highest quality of confidential, ethical legal services.
- We develop a full understanding of your business / organization and expectations.
- We pursue your work conscientiously and without delay. We work together with you to establish time specific goals and objectives that meet your needs.
- We assign work to the lawyers who have the legal expertise and experience appropriate to both the nature and complexity of the matter and our understanding of your expectations. Where deemed appropriate by you, we designate a qualified lawyer as an alternative service contact to ensure continuity of service when the lawyer responsible for your matter is not available. At your request, we work with you to develop practical fee estimates. We will always strive to add value.
- At your request we provide documentation that outlines the scope of the legal services to be provided; the potential timeline for handling the matter; a list of the client team members and alternate service contact, with their fields of expertise; and our lawyers’ contact information.
- We meet and strive to exceed your expectations and always welcome your feedback. We from time to time seek from you, either formally or informally, an assessment of our performance.
- We maintain effective channels of communications including keeping you informed of all significant developments in your legal matter and responding to your contact in a timely fashion.
- Our accounts are easy to understand and we are always receptive to client feedback on our billing practices. When issues arise, we treat them seriously and respond promptly.
- If you are dissatisfied with our services, or if you feel we have failed to meet any of these commitments, we ask that you call the service lawyer on your matter, the alternate service lawyer, or Managing Partner to discuss your concern. We will honestly and fairly address your concerns.
In compliance with the Advocates (Accountants Certificate) Rules, we are ordinarily audited annually and issued with an Accountant’s Certificate. This ensures that all our clients’ funds are secure and have not been applied for purposes other than they were intended.
We have routinely maintained a Professional Indemnity Cover of a minimum of Kenya shillings One hundred million (Kshs 100,000,000) and a copy of the cover note is readily available for reference upon request.
Our fees are based on the Advocates (Remuneration) Order. We also welcome our client’s suggestions in instances where the Order is silent due regard being had to the exigencies of service. As a gesture of good faith, we may be available to offer routine & general legal advice & opinions at no cost.
The Firm’s clientele include Industrial and Corporate Companies, Banking and Financial Institutions, Local and International Non-Governmental Organisations, Insurance Companies, Trade Unions, as well as Government and Parastatal bodies. Our skilled Attorneys are proud to offer a personal approach to commercial and individual clients. Much of what makes us a quality firm is our approach to the practice of law. Our clients know and trust their lawyers. We take the time to explain options and keep our clients updated as to the status of their case.